Sunday, July 24, 2011

So Inquisitive


Originally uploaded by Houzvicka
She's looking intently at things, trying to contemplate what to do with them, how to reach them, and how to take them over with these things called hands. "If only i knew what they were for?", I'm sure shes thinking about the hands and the cards. "Wow look at the thing on the card, what is it? All these people seem to only put certain ones down. Nana hasn't put the one down I've touched for two turns, why?" Millions of questions if she even knows what a question is. Its just an absorption period I'm sure. She will worry about what they are and how she can use them to take over the world later, its just a stock pile of information right? Can we give her to much information and cause an overload? I don't know but it does not sound possible, does it? I would hate to do that but I'm going to error on the side of as much information my pea brain can give her won't hurt her. People say talk to her as an adult. Sure sometimes I think that's fine but can you really resist goofing and speaking in a high voice or some silly off key one? I can't so if that is wrong and you read this latter in life Riley after I've already done all the damage I could; know I'm sorry. I did my best not to screw you up to bad. Likely hid some of the oddities I have from you for a long time. Hopefully along with this fragmented thought and ramble on issue I have and am showing here.

I find the process of a child learning amazing. They truly are sponges. I hope she forms many more wrinkles in her brain than I ever will. Those little Mad Scientist blocks at Think Geek  are awesome, I think I'm going to have to get her a set just to help out. Maybe a set of those various language blocks too..  Ohh so many things I can think of to help her make wrinkles maybe while playing with her she might give her daddy a few dozen new ones too. I can't wait most exciting time of my life so far.

No comments: