Sunday, August 21, 2011

Steps in a Direction

To be honest I think I've been pretty lazy when it come to defining a path. I really have been some what content in the hope that the work I've been putting in would get noticed and in some way I'd be rewarded for this work. Instead any reward has been blocked or overlooked at some point. I guess I dont stand out enough from the crowd of fellow opportunity seekers. Blend back into the crowd old boy, the opportunity with the position I am currently in is limited. At least as a direct path and with the life changes now made the priority I am going to have to reach harder than ever. She requires it, and it the best thing for her. So the route I am laying out has got to be direct and clear cut. I've been thinking about it a large amount today since going back to school full time is out of the question right now I'm going to have to go the certification route. ITIL is looking like a decent place to start. A foundations certification will at least get the momentum going and the start up cost doesn't look to be much. The job listings are asking for it so I think that along with a project management coarse or two should kick me off int he right direction. I honestly dont think the ITIL cert would take very much extra education because it is a base process I use daily, so only the book terms and step location would need to be memorized. So I say it today here and now this is where I'm starting. This is the first step in a stagnant water removal process and it must be done! Amazon ITIL study books here I come... 


-Real life is becoming an interesting thing, should of got onto the coaster sooner.

No comments: