Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lasagna Cupcakes

Lasagna Cupcakes

A little recipe I found somewhere online then lost the link and decided to make a go of it myself. I remember the lady who wrote the original said she copied it from some restaurant she went to so if you find the original please let me know I'd love to link it and comment how great this turned out.

So first thing I did was get those Goya wraps they sell in the freezer section. I've used these before and liked them then. I guess you could use any light pastry. I rolled them thin and used the top of my flour container to cut out the circles that fit into my well sprayed cupcake pan.  Spray it well so they pop out when cooking is done.


Now preheat your oven to 375 ish....

For the 12 I made I used about a quarter pound of beef and a couple breakfast sausages, use Italian sausage if you'd prefer that taste. Brown it until 99% cooked.

 Now get some ricotta cheese I used the skim version, some shredded mozzarella. Now I did layers as follows
Ricotta
Mozzarella
Meat
Piece of Goya wrap
Ricotta
Mozzarella
then a top layer of Parmesan mixed with some other cheeses

I left the home made sauce out thinking it would make them to wet to pick up, but you could add it into the cup if you'd like. The sauce I used was homemade but I'm sure canned would be just as good ( :-) )
Bake for about 45 minutes until GB&D.

I liked cutting them in half and then putting a little sauce on top but I'm sure they would be great whole and frozen for lunches etc. Honestly Melissa and I ate every one of them for dinner...  Man I'm fat
    


Enjoy 

No comments: