Sunday, May 27, 2012

Baking Bread

Baking Bread

Well it's memorial day weekend. Took a few hours and studied for a cert, now sitting waiting for something to happen. The little girl and wife at home watching the rain come and go. Little tropical storm to the north east of us let a downpour of rain just as I was walking out the door. I mean those clouds opened up. Sheets of water flying off the roof with no chance of the gutter capturing it.
All that grading of the yard I did last week put to the test, we will see what it looks like later tonight. Made some bread last night. My first attempt at it. Didn't realize I was making enough for 3 large loafs. Had to find out if I could refrigerate and/or freeze the dough without to much going wrong. You can by the way, Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks and Freeze for a long time. Thank goodness. So I sat there and waited for the second rise of the bread after I put it in the loaf pan. And waited and waited and waited. 1230 in the morning came around and I said screw it I'm baking it. It did come to the top of the loaf pan but not 1 inch over the top. So the bread is a little dense but dang it tastes good. A honey wheat bread.

In other baking news made a banana bread loaf as well. Now that turned out perfect I think. Riley agreed so that's all that matters. The picture above is her enjoying some of the bread, Do not know if it was the banana or the wheat but who cares shes cute...

Like usual life goes on, trying to figure out a few things, we will see what happens. Sometimes you just have to pursue everything and see whats in store. This is the game plan for now. Lets see what the big one thinks....

Talk soon.

No comments: