Sunday, January 24, 2010

Amazing


Birthday Cake
Originally uploaded by Houzvicka
Amazing. People are absolutely amazing. What can one person do with a block of time some determination and an idea? The answer, Anything. Take this little picture to the side of this post. Is it the best Dachshund cake ever? Yes it is. Why? Well besides the fact that my sister made it, it shows one way people can be amazing. Just joking around (after a previous birthday cake in the shape of a pyramid) I said I wanted a cake with the Sistine chapel on it. Did I really? No way, but it was funny to say. So what do Melissa and I get, a cake with our dog on it. Great, Awesome, superb. Just goes to show with a block of time an idea and some initiative anything can be done. I work 12 hour shifts Sundays being an extremely slow day 90% of the time, today I started a project I have until the end of February to complete, well with no distractions I'm already 75% done. Just some documentation and testing to do. Should have all that done next Sunday baring no major issues. I just find it amazing that with few distraction and a fairly set goal what can be accomplished. There was no bribery or back stabbing, or even constant talking done here just work. Thought I'd share.

No comments: